PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
Use of this website and the M&S mobile application is subject to the Personal Data Protection Policy of Marks and Spencer Czech Republic, BB Centrum – Building D, Jemnická 1138/1, Prague 4 – Michle, 140 00, Czech Republic, Company ID: 649 49 974, registered at the Municipal Court in Prague, Section B, File No. 3820 (“Marks and Spencer” or “We”).
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION AND SECURITY POLICY
Marks & Spencer processes and protects the personal data it comes into contact with in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (“General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”).
By accepting this Personal Data Protection Policy, Marks & Spencer informs you how and for what purpose it collects, stores and uses your personal data that you have provided and how your personal information is protected. When processing personal data, Marks & Spencer carefully looks after your privacy.
SCOPE OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED
Marks & Spencer recognizes the importance of the protection of the personal data that it collects in connection with your visit to this website and the M&S mobile application or otherwise as described below. The personal information that Marks & Spencer collects about you includes, in particular, personal information such as:
- name and surname
- date of birth
- home address
- telephone number
- shopping history
- cookies files
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
Marks & Spencer collects all your personal data directly from you. Personal information is obtained either by your visiting of this website, by registering through a paper form in the M&S Loyalty Club at the store, through the M&S mobile application, or using the contact form or M&S card.
In addition, we may ask you for additional personal information on other occasions, such as when placing bets, competitions or promotions we sponsor, responding to surveys and questionnaires, or sending us an email.
Whenever your personal data is processed by Marks & Spencer, you are duly informed of this in the appropriate personal data processing instructions we provide to you before processing your personal data. If such information is available online, it will generally contain a link to this policy that govern the processing of your personal data.
- Crisp IM SARL
PURPOSE OF USE
1. Surveys and questionnaires
Non-binding surveys and questionnaires may also appear on the website asking for information, comments or suggestions; they also provide an opportunity for site visitors to ask us questions. The information you provide helps us to design and produce better products and adapt to your shopping experience.
Surveys and questionnaires may include incentives for members of the Loyalty Program to fill in for reward with customer points within the Loyalty Program (enter your customer card number). In this case, we may continue to use information about your preference as part of your Loyalty Program membership (see below).
2. Handling your questions and requests
When contacting us via the contact form, we must process the following personal data:
- name and surname
- loyalty card number
We will use the information you provide to answer and process your inquiry or request, whether it concerns something related to your potential or past purchase of goods or your membership in the Loyalty Club (see below).
3. Loyalty Program Membership
We send marketing and advertising offers (“direct marketing”) to our customers who are also members of the Loyalty Program. Marks & Spencer only processes your personal data for direct marketing purposes if you are our customer. This personal data processing by Marks and Spencer includes:
- Written registration in the Loyalty Program: Written registration in the Loyalty Program in stores.
- Online Loyalty Program registration: Online Loyalty Program registration on the Internet and in the M&S mobile application.
- Customer and campaign segmentation: The segmentation of customers and marketing campaigns for members of the Loyalty Program. Deciding on offers, on giving discounts to customers, and on inviting them to club events.
- Sending email campaigns: Sending email campaigns to members of the Loyalty Program.
- Printing and sending direct mails: Printing and sending direct mails (letter) with discount vouchers, invitations to club events and raffle tickets for club events to members of the Loyalty Program.
- Sending out SMS messages: Sending of SMS messages to members of the Loyalty Program.
- Discount vouchers on receipts: Discount vouchers for members of the Loyalty Program on receipts for purchased goods.
- M&S mobile app: Smart device application that allows members of the Loyalty Program to view shopping history, discount coupons, notification of new offers, and personal information editing.
- Club events: Verification of incoming club members and a raffle for incoming club members at club events.
In order to personalize these offers (“targeted advertising”), your preferences are automatically evaluated. In this case, Marks and Spencer has a legitimate interest in promoting its goods and services.
In order to establish and maintain your membership in the Loyalty Program, we must process the following personal data:
- name and surname
- date of birth
- home address
- interest categories
- shopping history
- use of discount coupons
- use of promotions
As soon as the reason for processing your personal data ceases, Marks & Spencer will not process your data any more.
With permission :
1. Customer Contests If you provide us with your personal data and any of your content (e.g. photographs) for the competition we announce, we will only process it beyond the evaluation of the competition with your explicit consent. Before granting this consent, we will always inform you exactly how we will process your personal data and your content, including its possible publication, the place of publication and the time it will be processed in this way. Any consent may be withdrawn. You can always withdraw your consent in the same way as you gave it, or do so through our Contact form. We do not retain personal data and content provided to the contests after the contest finishes, except for personal data and content for which we have been given permission for further processing. In such case, we keep this personal data and content for the duration of the consent.
Marks & Spencer intends to analyze and utilize data from visitors to this website (“Users”) for the following purposes:
- more efficient user comfort optimization
- familiarizing users with new opportunities and benefits
- information about the nearest store
- monitoring the success of advertising campaigns and marketing programs
- targeted internet advertising
For this purpose, we process your electronic communication metadata, so-called cookies and tags. You consent to their use by setting up your Internet browser where you can enable (disallow) or deny (refuse or revoke consent). Learn more here.
Marks & Spencer only uses your personal data for the purposes for which you have given your consent.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
Any consent may be withdrawn. You can always withdraw your consent in the same way as you gave it, or do so through our Contact form, which is available here.
PERSONAL DATA SHARING
Marks & Spencer shares the personal data you provide with related companies from the Marks & Spencer Group established within the EU.
Marks & Spencer shares your personal data with specialized external processors (“processors”) who provide us with processing under the applicable personal data processing agreement and are required to fulfill, among other things, personal data security obligations to the extent set by the GDPR; after careful consideration, we choose only an entity thaccording to preference provide us with maximum guarantees about the technical and organizational security of the transferred personal data as a particular processor. Typical processors include:
- marketing agencies;
- IT companies; or
- service providers, if you purchase a product that requires service.
Marks & Spencer may also publish or disclose your personal information where this is required by law, or if you give your free consent to do so.
PERSONAL DATA SECURITY
Marks & Spencer uses the appropriate security technologies to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of all your personal data.
Your personal data is therefore under constant physical, electronic and procedural control to ensure the maximum possible protection of processed personal data from unauthorized access or transmission, loss or destruction, as well as other possible misuse.
All persons who come into contact with your personal data in the course of fulfilling their work or contractual obligations are duly instructed about the rules for processing personal data.
YOUR RIGHTS IN CONNECTION WITH PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
Upon request, Marks & Spencer will provide you with information free of charge as to whether your personal data is being processed and will provide you with a copy of the personal data processed; a reasonable fee will be charged for each additional copy; requests which are manifestly unfounded or disproportionate may be rejected.
If your personal data are processed, you have the right to access such personal data, in particular the right to request information about (i) the purpose of the processing, (ii) the category of personal data concerned, (iii) the recipient or category of recipients of personal data and (iv) the planned retention period.
You may request from Marks & Spencer to (i) correct such personal information if you believe it is inaccurate, (ii) delete it if you believe it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was provided or withdraw your consent under which they were processed and / or (iii) restrict their processing if you believe they are inaccurate or are no longer needed for the purpose for which they were provided to Marks and Spencer.
If the personal data are processed automatically, you have the right to personal data portability (the right to obtain the personal information provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the associated right to transfer it to another personal data controller, which Marks & Spencer will not prevent) .
You have the right to object at any time, free of charge, to the processing of personal data based on Marks & Spencer’s legitimate interest or for direct marketing purposes as well as profiling. If you object to the processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes, Marks & Spencer undertakes not to process the personal data for that purpose. If an objection is raised against profiling, Marks & Spencer undertakes to terminate profiling in relation to you.
SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Marks & Spencer reserves the right to change this Personal Data Protection Policy at any time by updating it on the Website. The current version of the Personal Data Protection Policy on the Marks and Spencer website is effective as of the date of publication of the current Personal Data Protection Policy.
If you have questions about this policy, please contact us using the contact form .
You can also contact the Office for Personal Data Protection at: Pplk. Sochora 27, 170 00 Prague 7, landline: +420 234 665 111, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: https://www.uoou.cz
Marks and Spencer Czech Republic, a.s. based in Prague 4 – Michle, Vyskočilova 1481/4, postal code 140 00 649 49 974, registered at the Municipal Court in Prague, Section B, File No. 3820
Contact email: email@example.com
Telephone number: +420 221 987 200